85% of Hope House’s funding comes from Medicaid waivers from the individuals we support. But that money covers only the barest minimum of what it costs to live in the community — and doesn’t include dental care, furniture, building repairs, and other necessities. Not to mention the little things we often take for granted, like movie tickets, vacations, or hobbies. Your donations, along with Hope House’s many fundraising events, help bridge that gap.
And you can feel good about how Hope House will use your money. Hope House Foundation is a non-profit 501c3 agency, and has earned the GuideStar Exchange Seal, demonstrating our commitment to transparency. Every donation is valuable to us, and every donation helps people with intellectual and developmental disabilities live meaningful lives within their own community.
Click here to access our financial records through GuideStar. GuideStar provides information that advances nonprofit transparency, and enables donors to make better decisions.
There are so many ways to help.
- Make a donation online through our secure server. You can make a one-time donation, or set up recurring donations.
- Donate to our Annual Fund, which covers day-to-day expenses for the people we support, as well as helps with additonal costs such as rent, food, clothing, and unmet medical and dental needs.
- Make a planned gift that will ensure Hope House’s continued strength and growth for the future.
- Designate your United Way contribution for Hope House by using designation #5070 or writing "Hope House" on your form.
- Get tax credits for qualified donations through the Virginia Neighborhood Assistance Program.
- Sponsor one of our events.
- Volunteer at one of our events or with the people we support.
- Donate tickets to sporting or cultural events, or donate gift cards for local retailers.
- Shop at the Hope House Thrift Shop. 100% of our revenue supports people with disabilities in our community.
Or you can simply mail a check to us at:
Hope House Foundation
801 Boush Street, Suite 302
Norfolk, VA 23510
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I donate to Hope House instead of another organization?
Hope House is a grassroots organization that was founded right here in Hampton Roads, and now garners accolades from around the world. We practice rigorous financial oversight, and have not exceeded our budget once in the last 36 years.
What are your administrative costs?
Our administrative costs are less than 10% of our entire operating budget. To see our financials, please download our most recent Annual Report.
What is the future viability of Hope House?
In 2003, Hope House created a $100,000 endowment with the Hampton Roads Community Foundation to provide for the long-term health of our organization. Since then, the fund has grown to over $800,000.
Will you provide me with a Letter of Determination?
Of course. Please email Elena Montello or call her at 757.625.6161, ext. 507.